That you may grow…
LPC Library exists to enable us in becoming a community of faith and service, glorifying God. Our goal is that we may all grow in the grace & knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18)
LPC Library seeks to achieve this mission by collecting, organizing, and providing access to quality materials which will help the people of Langley Presbyterian Church connect with God, His Word, His people and His world.
Online and onsite
Use our online LibraryThing catalogue to find resources or browse our collection at the back of the sanctuary. Children’s material is located downstairs. Click on the image below then type your search terms in the Search this library box on the right side of the screen.
You can also view our LibraryThing profile to see statistics about our collection, find out what’s new, and even get an RSS feed to know when new books, CDs or videos have been added to the collection.
- Compliment the mission of Langley Presbyterian Church
- Reflect a Christian viewpoint
- Is in harmony with the doctrines of the Presbyterian Church in Canada and the Westminster Confession of Faith
- Is of interest to a wide range of Langley Presbyterian Church people
The library committee seeks to develop and maintain a collection that is:
- Of lasting value
- Well-written and well-presented
You’ll find material to inspire your heart, expand your mind, and edify your spirit. View more about our collection profile online
You can get involved!
- Check us out! Visit LPC Library and meet the staff of volunteers
- Visit our online catalogue www.librarything.com/catalog/Langley_Presbyterian
- Borrow books, CDs and videos.
- Kids books and videos? You bet! Our kids’ collection is in the lower hall
- Adopt a book. Working on a limited budget, the library seeks to grow with the help of generous LPC Library users. Why don’t you sponsor something from our wish list of great material?
- Recommend material that would benefit LPC Library’s mission, we will add it to our wish list. Even better—pass great material on to the library for others to enjoy. (Donations must comply with LPC Library collection guidelines listed above.)
If you would like to be more involved in the work of Langley Presbyterian Church Library, library volunteers will gladly provide you with more information, or contact the church office at 604-530-3454
Who may borrow?
- Borrowers should be listed in the church directory or provide current contact information to the library. Visitors and members of the community are welcome to borrow resources too.
- Children under the age of 12 will be able to borrow if a parent or other adult agrees to assume responsibility for materials borrowed. (This may be done by advising the library in writing—a notation in the directory is sufficient.)
- 2 weeks (3 Sundays)
- Material is always due on the third Sunday counting from the current week. (Material checked on a weekday is due on the second Sunday following the checkout day)
- Renewals are available on request— if the item has not been requested in writing be another library user.
- Some material may circulate for shorter periods.
Borrowers are asked to donate a fine for overdue material. A suggested fine is $1 per item per week or portion of a week.
Borrowers are asked to pay for the replacement of lost or irreparably damaged material. The library may send notices to borrowers to clarify the amount due.
Hours of operation
LPC Library will be open on Sunday mornings before and after services. The library may be open at other times during the week as staffing permit
LPC Library Team
There are two levels of the LPC Library action team. An executive or steering group which is comprised of appointed members and includes a member of Session or an elder. This team primarily oversees the development of the collection, facilities and policies. Appointment to the committee may be made by the consensus of members of the steering group.
The working team includes the steering group members as well as interested individuals who attend LPC. This team assists in the ongoing maintenance of the collection and serving users when LPC Library is open.
Together, the LPC Library Team will carry out the vital tasks of the library including:
• Acquiring material
• Processing material
• Providing service to library users
• Recommending and reviewing material
• Maintaining the collection and facilities
• Communicating to the congregation
LPC Library welcomes your participation in your church’s library.