“I shall ask God, mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence in not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance inflict and pollute others and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should with to take me, he will surely find me and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for with my own death or the death of others. If my neighbour needs me, however, I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely, as stated above. See, this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.” ~Martin Luther. In 1527, bubonic plague
STEPS LPC WILL TAKE TO REDUCE COVID – 19 HAZARD
Upon the recommendation of presbytery LPC will institute the following measures to reduce the COVID-19 hazard:
1) Coffee time suspended until further notice
2) Offering plates will be set on a table inside the sanctuary entrance so people can make their offering as they enter or leave the service
3) Greeters will continue at front door with the following modifications:
– bulletins will be available in the narthex but will not be handed out,
instead people may pick them up on their own
– no hand shaking or hugs
– maintain 1-meter distance from those whom you are greeting
4) Communion is suspended until further notice.
5) We encourage everyone to maintain at least 1-meter of social distancing in the pews (this does not apply to family members who are regularly exposed to one another), no hand shakes, hugs or elbow bumps
6) We encourage those who are not well to stay home from services (be sure to let your elder know if you need any help, call the office or the pastor if you do not know who your elder is)
7) The backs of the pews and other shared surfaces will be sanitized before each service, wipes for this purpose will be in Clara’s office
8) Potluck for Maundy Thursday will most likely be suspended depending on the state of the virus situation at that time
9) Men’s breakfast is suspended until further notice
Please let your elder know if you have other suggestions as to how we can mitigate the effects of this virus.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we go through this challenge together.
On behalf of your session,
Rev. Dennis Howard